Waking Up Earlier With More Energy?

I really want to get into the habit of waking up early and starting work straight away.  I realised that the biggest obstacle to that was my Twitter habit.  I think I have neutralised that by making the first thing I do in the morning a Duolingo session.  This works very well as it forces me to concentrate and now I have got up to 85 concurrent sessions I am very motivated to do it.  As a side effect, it is improving my language skills, albeit slowly.  So once I have done that I am ready to roll, but I am still pretty low in energy and so although I am getting some stuff done I am not really ploughing into it all with the great effect I think I should be. 

I think I can tackle this in two ways.  The first is to get into the habit of doing some regular activities that have relatively low levels of brain-power required.  The obvious one is getting my books up to date. I can only do this with a laptop - my phone isn't really up to it in the way it is up to Duolingo.  It would certainly be good to get better at chasing money due.  Reviewing Trello is another one.

The other way is to see if there is anything I can do lifestyle wise to get a better night's sleep and so wake up with more spring and enthusiasm.  There are indications that eating late in the evening doesn't help, so maybe bring the evening meal forward by half an hour?  That makes sense as we had a big and quite late meal last night and despite getting to bed by 10 I am still not feeling great the following morning.  I should probably aim to get more exercise as well and continue doing my work standing up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 - A Year Without Twitter

My Productivity Tools - Software